Sunday, February 15, 2009

The friendship zone - How much myth?

How dangerous or treacherous is it really, the legend of the so-called "friendship zone". Is a thing called "love" lost, whenever you got too close to a person. Or can this very friendship blossom into nothing less than, well, a big red heart on a bed of roses.

Maybe I am using an overdose of bad-old-clichés, but, let's be candid, this is a recurring question all of us have been pondering for years. How to get through to a person - and discover whatever might be beneath layers and layers of social customs - if not become good and close friends. But then, if you hit upon something you really like, is there still time to pull back your friendship card and to court the one? Because she probably has become the only one, and no other distraction, no matter how attractive, can be any good substitute.

I use a lot of maybe's and other metaphers - but all I mean to say is: God damn it, would I have known before that she seems to be the one - I'd never, ever, would have played the friendship game. There's nothing like good old courting - but I guess it's too late, and now I have to use the subtle path of gauging how much I can or should put a friendship at risk to conquer her.

For now, there's absolutely no way I will go down another path, for I'm lacking courage to do so. The friendship seems to be too valuable - and I'm nothing less than lightyears away of a good "hey, how you doin', babe".

No comments: