Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sex is 15% real and 85% illusion

Just stumbled upon that quote in that insane book by Chuck Klosterman. And I thought about it. And I though about it. And... well, you'd guess, this was running 'round in my head like chickens with their fuckin' heads cut off.
This blows my fuckin' mind off. I mean, think about it: it would mean that sex is a big deception. No, wait, sex is THE big deception - something like the scam of the century. Everyone believes it to be awesome, like THE shit, but it's nothing more than "yeeeaaaahhhh, it was kinda okay".
I wouldn't pretend sex is crap - believe me, it is NOT, and I highly enjoy the meatly pleasures. But when you first spot that really hot chick that waggles her boobies all over your face, you think: "man, that ought to be a great mambo-mambo". And then you build up all those fantasies about her on top of yours, and you go insane with all those wild and censored images of her. And then, finally, after weeks and weeks of hard labor and of wearing her defenses down (see post about a "if you are a 7 looking for a solid 9"), you get her into the sack, well, right then, the 85% illusion jumps in. Because, even though it is great, it is just not THAT great.
You've build it up all the way in your head, bullshitting yourself about the perfection of her body and the awesomeness of the act - just to find out that reality is cruel, and cold, and bloodily shitty.

No comments: